CRISPR Gene Editing
Request a free
Model Generation Consultation
CRISPR gene editing speeds timelines, reduces costs, and improves efficiencies in custom model generation.
- Dramatically reduce timelines compared to traditional gene targeting methods.
- Efficiently retarget existing animal models and repositories.
- Generate custom knockouts and point mutations at significant cost reduction.
Taconic Biosciences uses the latest CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing technology to generate genetically-engineered animal models with a 100% success rate. Taconic holds CRISPR licenses from both UC Berkeley and the Broad Institute.Contact us to talk with a Taconic scientist about applying CRISPR technologies to your animal model design program.
Generating CRISPR Mice and Rats
Taconic offers a mature, successful program for the design and generation of CRISPR-edited animal models.
Your CRISPR founders, fully characterized via genotyping and sequencing data, can be seamlessly transitioned to Taconic's rapid colony expansion
and colony management programs.
- Selection of target site, assays, and oligonucleotides, as well as predicted off-target sites.
- Preparation of sgRNA and Cas9 mRNA.
- Injection of sgRNA and Cas9 mRNA into mouse C57BL/6NTac zygotes, to generate F0 mutated candidate animals.
- Genotyping and target-site sequence analysis in mutated candidate F0 animals.
- Optional steps:
- Germline breeding of F0 founder animal (optional)
- Sequence analysis of germline transmitted F1 animals (optional)
- Off-target analysis in germline transmitted F1 animals (optional)
Download the Taconic Biosciences' White Paper: Download the Taconic Biosciences' Poster:At Taconic Biosciences, we use both an in vivo strategy utilizing one-cell embryos and a complementary in vitro strategy utilizing embryonic stem (ES) cells to generate both mouse and rat models with CRISPR/Cas9. We provide a broad data-set to illustrate our experiences using these two
strategies within our production pipeline.
Search Taconic's GEMs Design database by application or model type:
Talk to a Taconic Biosciences scientist about designing a custom model: